This slow cooker pumpkin chili is one of my favorite fall dishes. It’s is easy, delicious, and makes the house smell heavenly. All you need to do is brown the meat, saute the onions, and add the rest of the ingredients. This crockpot pumpkin chili is great with your favorite toppings or on top of a sweet potato, salad, or your favorite chips. We are big fans of Siete grain-free chips and the kids love to eat it this way. The pumpkin naturally thickens the chili and gives it a great velvety texture. It is naturally gluten-free, Whole 30, and Paleo. This delicious pumpkin chili is a hit and on regular rotation in our home and I am sure it will be in yours as well.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 14 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 3 10 oz. cans fire roasted diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 14 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 Tbs. oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- In large pan brown ground beef over medium high heat. Place ground beef into slow cooker.
- Place avocado oil in pan and sauté onions and garlic until soft (about 4-5 mins). Add to slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili (Paleo)
- YIELD: 6
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS 15 MINS
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 4 HOURS