I am totally obsessed with this easy, healthy, paleo side dish of sweet potatoes. I made these three time during the holidays and everyone loved them. Super easy and delicious, and they pair well with chicken, beef, and pork, or even on their own. Only a few ingredients will make you want to make these slow cooker mashed sweet potatoes again and again!
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tbs. ghee
- 2/3 cup water
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- Add sweet potatoes, ghee, and water to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- When done, add maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Use an immersion blender, mixer or potato masher to mix till smooth.
- Top with sprinkle of cinnamon and serve.