This slow cooker Lemon Thyme Chicken with Carrots is incredibly easy and delicious. Perfect weeknight dinner that would pair well with a side salad, mashed cauliflower, rice, or even an additional vegetable. It only takes a few minutes to prep and the chicken is really tender, plus it’s way easier than cooking it in the oven and you can run some errands while it cooks away to perfection. When it is done you can broil it for a few minutes to get crispier skin, if that is what you prefer. Super easy, simple, and delicious.
- 4-5 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1 large whole chicken (about 4-5 lbs.)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 lemon, halved
- Place carrots in bottom of slow cooker.
- Brush olive oil all over chicken.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and thyme leaves.
- Place chicken on top of carrots in slow cooker.
- Place half of the lemon inside the chicken.
- Slice other half of lemon, and place on top of the chicken.
- Add fresh thyme sprigs.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Slice and serve!
Slow Cooker Lemon Thyme Chicken with Carrots
- YIELD: 6
- TOTAL TIME: 8 HRS 10 MINS
- PREP TIME: 10 MINS
- COOK TIME: 8 HRS ON LOW
A simple and delicious whole chicken cooked to perfection.