An easy and delicious one-pot meal the Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes is a perfect dinner on any busy night. The potatoes are infused with flavor from the herbs and lemon and the chicken is fall-apart tender. With minimal prep, you can have a delicious chicken and potato dinner in no time and it is gluten-free and Whole 30 compliant! I did notice that the lemons need to come out of the slow cooker as soon as the meal is cooked as they could leave a bitterness if left in there too long.
Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- 6 large Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 tsp. salt (divided)
- 2 tsp. pepper (divided)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (divided)
- 6 bone-in, skin-on Chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 lemon slices
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Add potatoes, 1 Tbs. olive oil, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, and mix well.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. oregano, 1 tsp. rosemary. Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken thighs about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Add browned chicken thighs on top of potatoes in slow cooker. Pour juice of half lemon and slices of half lemon all over chicken and potatoes.
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- YIELD: 6
- TOTAL TIME: 4 HRS 15 MINS
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS
- COOK TIME: 4 HOURS