Hey guys!! It is getting super close to Christmas and before I start posting some holiday dishes, I’m going to leave you with the most amazing chicken recipe ever! This is an instant pot or pressure cooker version of my Slow Cooker Garlic Clove Chicken .
It only has a few ingredients and the results are amazing. Serve with mashed cauliflower or potatoes to soak up all of that delicious garlic sauce. The garlic flavor mellows out and gets soft and sweet, creating an amazing and decadent sauce for the chicken. You can also serve this dish on its own with some roasted or steamed vegetables. I like the dark meat but my husband and kids only like white, so I did a combination of 4 boneless skinless thighs and 3 boneless, skinless breasts. You can use whatever you like.
- 3 lbs of chicken, 4 boneless skinless thighs, 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 40 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 tbs. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tbs. fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbs. ghee (or butter)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot and add olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add chicken pieces and and brown, cooking about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Take chicken out and set aside on a plate.
- Add garlic cloves to the pot and saute for 5 to 10 minutes stirring often, until evenly browned, scraping the brown bits with the wooden spoon.
- At this time add the wine if using and cook about 2-3 more minutes, if not skip to the next step. Add chicken back to the pot and scoop some of the garlic cloves over the chicken pieces. Sprinkle chicken with rosemary and thyme. Add chicken broth, pouring along the sides in order token the herbs on the chicken.
- Secure the lid of the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is set to SEALING. Press MANUAL and adjust the time to 30 minutes on HIGH pressure. It will take a few minutes to start. Once the Instant Pot has beeped, and it has finished cooking turn the valve to VENTING to release pressure. Once button drops it is safe to open the lid. Open the lid and take out chicken and place aside on a plate. Using a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash the garlic cloves which will thicken the liquid. Add 1 tbs. ghee and stir.
- Taste and add any additional salt and pepper if necessary. Pour the sauce in a serving or measuring cup and add to the chicken before serving. Serve the chicken on top of mashed cauliflower, potatoes, or alongside vegetables,
Instant Pot Garlic Clove Chicken
- YIELD: 5
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MINS
- PREP TIME: 15 MINS.
- COOK TIME: 30 MINS