I received an Instant Pot aka pressure cooker for my birthday, and although the slow cooker is still my favorite, you can’t beat an appliance that will cook your dinner in less than a half hour on a busy night. Last week I had picked up the kids from school, one had a project and the other had dance class. I had not had a single clue what I was going to make for dinner and I was running out of time. I looked through the fridge and pantry and decided that a chicken stew would be absolutely delicious and something even the baby could eat. So I took the Instant Pot out of the box, read the instructions and to my surprise managed to have dinner on the table in less than an hour. Yup, I fell in love with it and so I decided that even though the blog is focused on slow cooker recipes I will be adding more Instant Pot recipes on here. Most of the recipes that are made in the Instant Pot are also easily adaptable to the slow cooker so they can really be made both ways. This super quick and delicious chicken stew will definitely be in our dinner rotation. The chicken is tender and the vegetables came out super flavorful. My family loved it and I know yours will too!
- 1 tbs avocado or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 lb small yellow potatoes, halved
- 2 tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14.5 oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- Set pot to saute option and add oil, onion, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Saute for about 4-5 minutes until onions are soft.
- In a small bowl mix Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add potatoes, half of the seasoning mix, and stir.
- Place chicken breasts on top, sprinkle with remaining seasoning mix.
- Pour stewed tomatoes on top of the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup mix chicken broth and tomato paste, and pour inside along the sides of the pressure cooker.
- Add fresh chopped parsley.
- Cover and set on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
Instant Pot Chicken Stew
- YIELD: 4-5
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
- PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 20 MINS
An easy, one pot meal, that the whole family will enjoy.